Electrical fire damage can be tragic ~ Mount Vernon NY 10550 10552
By Hillary Sheperd, Co-Owner ~ Servpro of Scarsdale / Mount Vernon, NY
(Servpro of Scarsdale / Mount Vernon)
Last night, we left our southern Westchester County offices and warehouse late. A busy Monday with four disasters coming in by closing, including water in basements to clean and dry out, plus a fire in The Bronx. One of them involved a hoarder/collector who had passed away in the home. What a start to a new year! So, made my late way home and tried to turn onto our Fleetwood, NY street. No go. A house fire involving a woman who was in a wheelchair and an electrical fire in her basement was underway. Thankfully, the woman was carried out by neighbors and then EMTs and was okay, we hope. Mount Vernon's "Finest" firefighters were all over it with 3 pumpers / fire engines and a cast of dozens saving the house. Photo courtesy: Channel 12 The home "could have been worse,"...