Tammy Lankford,, Broker  GA Lake Sinclair/Eatonton/Milledgeville (Lane Realty Eatonton, GA Lake Sinclair, Milledgeville, 706-485-9668)

Spam prevention
Candice A. Donofrio
Next Wave RE Investments LLC Bullhead City AZ Commercial RE Broker - Fort Mohave, AZ
928-201-4BHC (4242) call/text

To not do or say a damn thing till it is in hand. I am still waiting for an offer from 2005 that was absolutely, positively, for sure coming right away! LOL
If they say when it will arrive . . . and it doesn't by then, I will ask if they need to re-send. But I am not babysitting! Get it to me and confirm receipt!

Jan 08, 2018 11:44 AM
Mary Yonkers
Alan Kells School of Real Estate/Howard Hanna Real Estate - Erie, PA
Erie/PA Real Estate Instructor

Wait, wait, wait. Sometimes I will call the agent.

Jan 08, 2018 11:57 AM
Allie Angeloni
Long Realty - Oro Valley, AZ

I don't really do anything Tammy Lankford, as I cannot hurry any Offer along, and no, I do not tell my client.  Offers have been known to not happen, and I do not call the agent back if that is the case.

Jan 08, 2018 11:52 AM
Wayne Martin
Wayne M Martin - Chicago, IL
Real Estate Broker - Retired

Wait  until I have in hand. If it never arrives it never existed. It only happens once with every agent before I give them a little advice about being a BS artist!

Jan 08, 2018 01:28 PM
Scott Godzyk
Godzyk Real Estate Services - Manchester, NH
One of the Manchester NH's area Leading Agents

I NEVER tell my seller an offer is coming in until i have it in hand and it is complete

Jan 08, 2018 01:05 PM
Lyn Sims
RE/MAX Suburban - Schaumburg, IL
Schaumburg Real Estate

I don't do anything as they might not show up. I've got one I'm waiting on as a multiple a couple of months ago - we close on it today, without them.

I called once & that was it.

Jan 08, 2018 12:04 PM
Richie Alan Naggar
people first...then business Ran Right Realty - Riverside, CA
agent & author

I have a standard response: If anything comes in before yours it will be presented. I will not hold up the process unless you ask for professional courtesy and it is granted. I want to know why, when, how, who & what

Jan 08, 2018 01:55 PM
Richard Weeks
Dallas, TX
REALTOR®, Broker

Depending on who that agent was. Most times I just wait.

Jan 08, 2018 12:33 PM
Jennifer Mackay
Counts Real Estate Group, Inc. - Panama City, FL
Your Bay County Florida Realtor 850.774.6582

I do nothing until I have it in my hands

Jan 08, 2018 12:21 PM
Joe Pryor
The Virtual Real Estate Team - Oklahoma City, OK
REALTOR® - Oklahoma Investment Properties

If it comes, it comes. I have been promised before but as you know that is just verbal.

Jan 08, 2018 12:10 PM
Gloria Valvasori, Accredited Senior Agent
REAL Experience | REAL Commitment | REAL Results!

Any offer that has not been signed, or registerd with my office is not an offer.  I do not notify my Sellers before then.  I will wait a day or so and call the agent to follow up.  

Jan 08, 2018 12:03 PM
Roy Kelley
Realty Group Referrals - Gaithersburg, MD

Nothing. There will be time to take action when the offer is received.

Jan 08, 2018 11:46 AM
Harry Norman, REALTORS® - Atlanta, GA
Associate Broker

I don't say or do anything until the offer is siting in my inbox.

Jan 09, 2018 06:48 AM
Brenda Mayette
Miranda Real Estate Group, Inc. - Glenville, NY
Getting results w/ knowledge & know-how!

I don't notify the seller that we have an offer until we HAVE an offer.   If it doesn't arrive when it was promised, I'd reach out for an update.  Too often the promised offer never comes because the buyers changed their minds or the agent thought they loved it but they didn't, etc, etc.  

Jan 09, 2018 05:54 AM
Praful Thakkar
LAER Realty Partners - Andover, MA
Andover, MA: Andover Luxury Homes For Sale

Tammy Lankford, just inform the seller - however with a word of caution that unless we have the offer in hand, it means nothing!

Jan 08, 2018 09:14 PM
Inna Ivchenko
Barcode Properties - Encino, CA
Realtor® • GRI • HAFA • PSC Calabasas CA

I say ''thank you, i'll confirm as soon as I see it'' ~ no other actions required at  that moment. 

Jan 08, 2018 07:58 PM
Margaret Rome Baltimore 410-530-2400
HomeRome Realty 410-530-2400 - Pikesville, MD
Sell Your Home With Margaret Rome


It depends on my seller and it depends on how well I know the agent. I may tell the client I have some serious interest but I don't tell them there is an offer coming in until I receive it and review it.

Jan 08, 2018 06:37 PM
Kathleen Daniels, Probate & Trust Specialist
KD Realty - 408.972.1822 - San Jose, CA
Probate Real Estate

It is not an offer until I have received it.  I say nothing. I do not call and ask. Keep in mind, we have no inventory and multiple offers $100,000 or more over asking with no contingencies is what my market is doing right now.  This is on a modestly priced home of $800,000.  When $1.3m we are seeing offers come at $1.5 - $1.6M  

Jan 08, 2018 06:19 PM
Debbie Reynolds, C21 Platinum Properties
Platinum Properties- (931)771-9070 - Clarksville, TN
The Dedicated Clarksville TN Realtor-(931)320-6730

I'll believe it when I see it and under no circumstances will I get the seller's hope up until I have it in hand.

Jan 08, 2018 06:04 PM
Fred Griffin Tallahassee Real Estate
Fred Griffin Real Estate - Tallahassee, FL
Licensed Florida Real Estate Broker

    Keep the Seller apprised, but tell them not to hold their breath. 

   I will follow up with the agent after a day goes by.  I would like to say, "Put up or shut up", but I don't.

Jan 08, 2018 04:10 PM
Bob Crane
Woodland Management Service / Woodland Real Estate, EXP - Stevens Point, WI
Forestland Experts! 715-204-9671

Not an offer until you see it in writing, call the other agent if it does not show up.

Jan 08, 2018 03:52 PM
Silvia Dukes PA, Broker Associate, CRS, CIPS, SRES
Tropic Shores Realty - Ich spreche Deutsch! - Spring Hill, FL
Florida Waterfront and Country Club Living

Thank you for letting me know,  as soon as I  have it, I will inform sellers and present.

Jan 08, 2018 03:31 PM
Debe Maxwell, CRS
www.iCharlotteHomes.com | The Maxwell House Group | RE/MAX Executive | (704) 491-3310 - Charlotte, NC
The right Charlotte REALTOR!

The law requires us to present all OFFERS - not threats of Offers!

No way am I going to get my sellers' hopes up until I have that Offer in-hand!

Jan 08, 2018 02:55 PM
Ryan Huggins - Thousand Oaks, CA
https://HugginsHomes.com - Thousand Oaks, CA
Residential Real Estate and Investment Properties

I don't tell the seller.  An offer that "will be sent in the future" isn't an offer until that point in the future arrives.  If you tell the seller (especially an inexperienced one) that an offer is on the way... and it doesn't come, you're getting their hopes up and could be seen as lying.  Now with that said, I have experienced investors and I will tell them.  But they always laugh and say "Yeah, I'll believe it when I see the offer."

Jan 08, 2018 01:01 PM
Will Hamm
Hamm Homes - Aurora, CO
"Where There's a Will, There's a Way!"

Call the agent back to find out what the deal is.


Jan 11, 2018 08:57 AM
Joan Cox
House to Home, Inc. - Denver Real Estate - 720-231-6373 - Denver, CO
Denver Real Estate - Selling One Home at a Time

We see that all the time, and I only tell the Seller when I see it in my inbox.  Too many times the agent is more excited than the buyer.

Jan 10, 2018 02:59 PM
Olga Simoncelli
Veritas Prime, LLC dba Veritas Prime Real Estate - New Fairfield, CT
CONSULTANT, Real Estate Services & Risk Management

Hmm, as tempting as it might be, I would be cautious not to get sellers too excited just yes. If I didn't hear from agent for some time, would follow up with something like "did you have any additional questions..." and hope to find out why the delay or change of mind.

Jan 09, 2018 06:15 PM
Christine Kankowski North SD and Temecula
House Match Inc - Poway, CA
Excellent Sales and Property Management

I wil folowup up with them especailly when i get another offer. I let them know another offer has come in and if they want theirs to be considered they better get it in asap. 

FOr any agent that calls, I let them know one is supposed to be cmoming in , but I haven't seen it yet. 

Jan 09, 2018 10:52 AM
Michael Setunsky
Woodbridge, VA
Your Commercial Real Estate Link to Northern VA

Tammy Lankford, I would nothing until I received the offer. I once had an agent say she was writing an offer on one of my listings. I asked when did she show. She didn't show it yet and was going to show it later that day. Never heard from her again. Talk is cheap.

Jan 09, 2018 09:34 AM
Gabe Sanders
Real Estate of Florida specializing in Martin County Residential Homes, Condos and Land Sales - Stuart, FL
Stuart Florida Real Estate

I wait.  Often enough it never happens.

Jan 09, 2018 05:20 AM
Tony and Suzanne Marriott, Associate Brokers
Serving the Greater Phoenix and Scottsdale Metropolitan Area - Scottsdale, AZ
Haven Express @ Keller Williams Arizona Realty

Scott Godzyk nailed this one!

Jan 09, 2018 04:42 AM
William Feela
Realtor, Whispering Pines Realty 651-674-5999 No.

I don't do anythig different until I see the ink

Jan 08, 2018 08:40 PM
Nina Hollander, Broker
Coldwell Banker Realty - Charlotte, NC
Your Greater Charlotte Realtor

I do nothing, besides tell that agent I'll look forward to hearing from them. Never do I tell a seller... they don't understand if nothing comes in.

Jan 08, 2018 02:40 PM