Spam prevention
Ambassador
3,402,519
Anna Banana Kruchten CRS, Phoenix Broker
HomeSmart Real Estate BR030809000 - Phoenix, AZ
602-380-4886

If the agent asks if there are offers on the table I let them know - almost signed. And if the seller was just about to sign I'd ask the seller if he/she would like to go ahead with the showing or not. And if seller wants to sign the offer and not take any back-up offers well then I'd let the agent know that.  I don't want to waste another agents time nor would I want anybody to do that to me.  To me it's professional courtesy.

Feb 16, 2017 01:42 PM
Rainmaker
945,526
Candice A. Donofrio
Next Wave RE Investments LLC Bullhead City AZ Commercial RE Broker - Fort Mohave, AZ
928-201-4BHC (4242) call/text

Absolutely: "We have an accepted offer on the property waiting on paperwork. You are welcome to show, however, if you write it will likely be a backup."
If the deal has any contingencies . . . "Pending, Continue To Show" status in MLS.

Feb 16, 2017 04:21 PM
Rainmaker
751,347
Brian L. Sirota, Esq.
Bristar Realty (Realtor/Attorney) - Orange, CA
For Solutions: (714) 501-7660

I can't agree with game-playing agents who know the seller's acceptance is imminent.   Aside from basic courtesy, if the seller fails to follow through, the LA has at least established credibility with the prospective buyer and his agent.   This is far more valuable than making a half-assed attempt at trying to foster a back-up offer.

To those who would disclose an imminent acceptance only if asked, the issue of honesty and fairness by omission is no different than if done affimatively.   You only think you're being clever....

Feb 16, 2017 04:12 PM
Ambassador
4,743,489
Jeff Dowler, CRS
eXp Realty of California, Inc. - Carlsbad, CA
The Southern California Relocation Dude

I would certainly be discussing it with my seller as to how they want to proceed but no reason to not be upfront with the agent about the status. I would hope for the same courtesy if on the other side!

Feb 16, 2017 03:36 PM
Rainmaker
1,766,546
Lyn Sims
Schaumburg, IL
Real Estate Agent Retired

Yes I do. Then let the agent decide what his buyer might want to do like become part of a back up offer or don't show at all.

Feb 16, 2017 02:45 PM
Rainmaker
4,385,932
Dorie Dillard Austin TX
Coldwell Banker Realty ~ 512.750.6899 - Austin, TX
NW Austin ~ Canyon Creek and Spicewood/Balcones

If the agent asks I tell them otherwise its not a done deal and after asking the seller if they want the agent to show and not say anything I won't. I know you didn't apptrciate it and I have been where you are. I now ask if they have any offers and is the house available. Hard not to tell the truth then:).

Feb 16, 2017 02:43 PM
Rainmaker
612,606
Eve Alexander
Buyers Broker of Florida - Tampa, FL
Exclusively Representing ONLY Tampa Home Buyers

Pleeze yes...say something.  That is common courtesy.

Eve

Feb 16, 2017 01:33 PM
Rainmaker
4,333,471
Will Hamm
Hamm Homes - Aurora, CO
"Where There's a Will, There's a Way!"

I tell them that we have a pending off now and it could be sign within the hour.  

Feb 16, 2017 03:16 PM
Rainmaker
563,728
Maria Sapio
Keller Williams of Central PA - Carlisle, PA
Real Estate Agent- Carlisle, PA. Mariasapio.com

If the seller is in the process of signing the offer, I would absolutely share that with the agent that is calling.  The listing agent's fiduciary duty is to represent the seller and that includes being forthcoming and honest about the status of the listing.  

Feb 16, 2017 01:41 PM
Ambassador
2,608,498
Fred Griffin Florida Real Estate
Fred Griffin Real Estate - Tallahassee, FL
Licensed Florida Real Estate Broker

     Ideally, no.  It might run that other potential buyer away.  If the offer hasn't been signed yet, it is not under contract, so no harm no foul.

    However, if I have a fiduciary with that Seller, I need to discuss it with them before deciding whether to tell or not tell.

Feb 16, 2017 01:34 PM
Rainmaker
5,580,884
Barbara Todaro
RE/MAX Executive Realty - Happily Retired - Franklin, MA
Previously Affiliated with The Todaro Team

until that offer is fully executed, the showings continue....

Feb 17, 2017 08:09 AM
Rainmaker
1,357,492
Thomas J. Nelson, REALTOR ® e-Pro CRS RCS-D Vets
Big Block Realty 858.232.8722 - La Jolla, CA
& Host of Postcards From Success Podcast

Yes, but then I'll share whether they should consider proceeding or not based on the offer we're signing. Not every home is in multiple offers and it's nice to have backups. But, I want the agent to be able to decide that as they know their client.

Feb 17, 2017 01:46 AM
Rainmaker
3,384,339
Scott Godzyk
Godzyk Real Estate Services - Manchester, NH
One of the Manchester NH's area Leading Agents

I like to have my seller sign immediately when they accept an offer, that way no changing their mind. If they accept by phone, i send the offer via e signature. If teh offer is not signed, i have the other agent set up a showing through the showing desk and if signed, cancel.  There are variables such as type of home, type of seller and how good an offer is that could change that plan

Feb 16, 2017 05:23 PM
Ambassador
3,983,359
Paul S. Henderson, REALTOR®, CRS
Fathom Realty Washington LLC - Tacoma, WA
South Puget Sound Washington Agent/Broker!

Until they sign, I take offers.

Feb 16, 2017 02:29 PM
Rainmaker
1,708,245
Joe Pryor
The Virtual Real Estate Team - Oklahoma City, OK
REALTOR® - Oklahoma Investment Properties

Yes I do.

Feb 16, 2017 02:17 PM
Rainmaker
915,778
Annette Lawrence , Palm Harbor, FL 727-420-4041
ReMax Realtec Group - Palm Harbor, FL
Making FLORIDA Real Estate EZ

"The owner intends to sign the current offer. This can be delayed. How motivated is your buyer? Let them know backups are ALWAYS welcome."

Feb 16, 2017 01:41 PM
Rainmaker
4,350,159
Richard Weeks
Dallas, TX
REALTOR®, Broker

Yes because that is information I would like to know if I were the other agent.

Feb 16, 2017 12:54 PM
Rainmaker
808,903
Kasey & John Boles
Jon Gosche Real Estate, LLC - BoiseMeridianRealEstate.com - Boise, ID
Boise & Meridian, ID Ada/Canyon/Gem/Boise Counties

This isn't my decision, it is the seller's and it is a conversation we should be having with the sellers so we know how to respond when showing requests or agent/buyer questions come in.  In my area the agents generally call the seller directly to schedule the showings anyway and we talk to the agents after we see they've gone through the lockbox unless they call to ask questions or see if we have any offers.  Our job is to represent the best interests of the seller, whatever that may be in the particular situation. I like Tammy Lankford, response. -Kasey

Feb 17, 2017 02:49 PM
Ambassador
3,077,080
Tammy Lankford,
Lane Realty Eatonton, GA Lake Sinclair, Milledgeville, 706-485-9668 - Eatonton, GA
Broker GA Lake Sinclair/Eatonton/Milledgeville

I ask my seller.  I would want to know.  I also ask my seller if they have more time in the reply by window if they would like to hold off signing until they have another showing.  Seller decision.

Feb 17, 2017 01:42 PM
Rainmaker
4,263,679
Michael Jacobs
Pasadena, CA
Los Angeles Pasadena 818.516.4393

The Golden Rule is a good way to conduct business.  And participate in life.  

Feb 17, 2017 07:21 AM
Rainmaker
4,567,039
Wayne Martin
Wayne M Martin - Chicago, IL
Real Estate Broker - Retired

Not until I have it in my hand or ask the seller what they want to do!

Feb 17, 2017 07:01 AM
Rainmaker
1,672,115
Sandy Padula and Norm Padula, JD, GRI
HomeSmart Realty West - Carlsbad, CA
Presence, Persistence & Perseverance

No; this is confidential information and in my view needs to remain so, unless your seller authorizes you in writing to divulge that information. I believe it weakens the sellers negotiation position.

Feb 17, 2017 06:28 AM
Rainmaker
4,799,732
Gabe Sanders
Real Estate of Florida specializing in Martin County Residential Homes, Condos and Land Sales - Stuart, FL
Stuart Florida Real Estate

It depends on what my seller wants me to say.

Feb 17, 2017 05:39 AM
Rainmaker
945,423
Jennifer Mackay
Counts Real Estate Group, Inc. - Panama City, FL
Your Bay County Florida Realtor 850.774.6582

Yes I do - we take back up offers here

Feb 17, 2017 05:24 AM
Rainmaker
4,490,326
Nina Hollander, Broker
Coldwell Banker Realty - Charlotte, NC
Your Greater Charlotte Realtor

Yes... the minute I have an accepted offer I let people know if they want to show a home. In most cases, I've found that once a seller is ready to sign they don't even approve the showing.

Feb 17, 2017 05:11 AM
Ambassador
1,616,454
Harry F. D'Elia III
RentVest - Phoenix, AZ
Investor , Mentor, GRI, Radio, CIPS, REOs, ABR

disclose it up to agent to show it

Feb 17, 2017 04:52 AM
Ambassador
956,133
Frank Rubi
Frank Rubi Real Estate, LLC - Metairie, LA
FrankRubiRealEstate.com

Yes, absolutely! 

Feb 17, 2017 04:20 AM
Rainmaker
3,070,984
Tony and Suzanne Marriott, Associate Brokers
Serving the Greater Phoenix and Scottsdale Metropolitan Area - Scottsdale, AZ
Haven Express @ Keller Williams Arizona Realty

Until it's signed...it's not signed...

Feb 17, 2017 01:08 AM
Ambassador
4,316,215
Praful Thakkar
LAER Realty Partners - Andover, MA
Andover, MA: Andover Luxury Homes For Sale

Kathleen Daniels - how soon can you send the offer, Mr. Agent?

(Always an opportunity to do the best for your client!)

Feb 16, 2017 10:44 PM
Ambassador
3,987,010
Debbie Reynolds, C21 Platinum Properties
Platinum Properties- (931)771-9070 - Clarksville, TN
The Dedicated Clarksville TN Realtor-(931)320-6730

I tell the other agent that an offer is in play but not yet signed if it has not yet been signed. 

Feb 16, 2017 09:37 PM
Rainer
320,129
Melissa Jackson REALTOR
Trinity Premier Properties - Azle, TX
Helping You Make The Right Move

I would share the information with my client and if they decided to go ahead and sign I would let the agent know they could offer a backup.

Feb 16, 2017 09:26 PM
Rainmaker
1,771,542
Noah Seidenberg
Coldwell Banker - Evanston, IL
Chicagoland and Suburbs (800) 858-7917

I am not into people wasting their time.

Feb 16, 2017 08:12 PM
Ambassador
1,874,191
Alan May
Jameson Sotheby's International Realty - Evanston, IL
A moving experience!

I don't tell anyone, until the offer is fully signed, and ratified by both sides.

Feb 16, 2017 07:52 PM
Rainmaker
142,746
Diana White-Pettis
Bennett Realty Solutions - Upper Marlboro, MD
GRI, CDPE, CNE, WHC Upper Marlboro Homes for Sale

Yes, I do.  I ask the seller in advance if they will take backup offers.  This is the same common courtesy that I want from other agents.

Feb 16, 2017 07:23 PM
Ambassador
5,752,579
Bob Crane
Woodland Management Service / Woodland Real Estate, KW Diversified - Stevens Point, WI
Forestland Experts! 715-204-9671

Why not, warns them to hurry up, and creates a sense of urgency.

Feb 16, 2017 07:02 PM
Rainmaker
3,986,000
William Feela
WHISPERING PINES REALTY - North Branch, MN
Realtor, Whispering Pines Realty 651-674-5999 No.

It is up to the seller until the papers are signed.

Feb 16, 2017 06:55 PM
Rainmaker
1,558,335
Inna Ivchenko
Barcode Properties - Encino, CA
Realtor® • GRI • HAFA • PSC Calabasas CA

I'd suggest showing and writing offers till the COE day or at least till all contingencies are removed. 

Feb 16, 2017 06:16 PM
Rainmaker
870,648
Jeff Pearl
RE/MAX Distinctive / LIC in VA - Lovettsville, VA
Full Service Full Time Realtor

Yes, but let them know they can still show and submit a back-up offer if they want. Deals fall apart all the time.

Feb 16, 2017 04:38 PM
Rainmaker
2,691,172
Richie Alan Naggar
people first...then business Ran Right Realty - Riverside, CA
agent & author

Not yet. Now, if I am asked, that is another story.

Feb 16, 2017 03:34 PM
Rainmaker
146,758
Julie Larson Realtor® Sarasota FL 941-284-9826
White Sands Realty Group FL | 941-284-9826 | Serving Sarasota, Manatee & Charlotte Counties - Sarasota, FL
When you're thinking of moving...ThinkSuncoast.com

I would do and have done exactly what Anna Banana Kruchten posted!

Feb 16, 2017 01:59 PM
Rainmaker
529,171
Buzz Mackintosh
Mackintosh REALTORS - Frederick, MD
“Experience, reliable, leadership”

Yes , but I would call the other agent to find out when they will be showing and leave it up to the Seller as to when I should deliver the signed counter offer or ratified contract.

Feb 16, 2017 12:58 PM
Rainmaker
1,045,215
Dave Martin (703) 585-4687
Fairfax Realty - Fairfax, VA
Making Realty Dreams a Reality #WeWillGetYouHome

Only if asked.. since I still represent the seller and the seller is able to consider other offers still

Feb 13, 2018 07:33 PM
Rainmaker
4,433,809
Gita Bantwal
RE/MAX Centre Realtors - Warwick, PA
REALTOR,ABR,CRS,SRES,GRI - Bucks County & Philadel

I agree with Ann

Feb 20, 2017 06:22 AM
Rainmaker
7,033,883
Roy Kelley
Retired - Gaithersburg, MD

No. No comments until after ratification.

Feb 18, 2017 04:01 AM
Rainmaker
1,430,221
Ryan Huggins - Thousand Oaks, CA
https://HugginsHomes.com - Thousand Oaks, CA
Residential Real Estate and Investment Properties

Until that offer is signed and the buyer is on board, it's still for sale.  Even signed, I'd let the agent show it for backup offers.  Either way, I'd let the agent know the status.  Sometimes they have very interested buyers who will make a better offer on the spot.  I've had that happen.  Buyer was dicking around with terms and while the 6th counter offer was on the seller's table a MUCH better offer came in.

Feb 17, 2017 09:40 AM