Certified Residential Specialist focused on Luxury Home Sellers and Buyers in Westfield NJ. Clients and investors often say, "I didn't know a Realtor could offer this level of service!"
Get to know Scott Gleason
What do you want in a Realtor?
• Do you want an Advocate?
The Scott Gleason Team is dedicated to your interests. Our service will be customized to your personal real estate needs. The only way we know to do business is by giving top priority to your requirements (?), so that with us, it’s all about you. We have replaced the “customer/transaction” process with a “client-for-life” model that has earned us a powerful fan base and referral business.
• Do you want to sell your property for Top Dollar?
Scott and team are committed to learn another way, every day, to sell your home for more money with less friction. As one of the elite 4% of Realtors nationwide to earn the Certified Residential Specialist (CRS) designation, Scott employs advanced skills and tools which deliver exemplary results. Over 21 years, our sellers have enjoyed a success rate over 99%. We also outperform the market on shelf time and sale price ratios.
• Do you want to Buy a home or investment with Confidence?
Scott has lived, invested, and raised a family in the community. A 21-year veteran in real estate with 15 years’ residence in Westfield, his local expertise is acknowledged by clients and counterparts. The team focuses on Westfield, Cranford, Mountainside, Fanwood, and Garwood home sales, where we know the schools, commutes, unique location values, and dining, cultural & sporting opportunities. Scott also gives his free time as an active member of the Westfield Y’s Men, Westfield Area Chamber, Optimist Club and the Y Triangle Society. In the tristate area, Scott and family are also proud of their 21-year participation in the MSNYC Bike Tour and Project FIND.
• Do you want a Skilled Negotiator?
We have seen almost every imaginable variation on a done deal in Real Estate. We bring our seasoned experience, ingenuity and understanding of procedures, laws and customs to benefit you during every step of the purchase or sale process.
• Do you want an Award-Winning Team?
Our outstanding reviews and real estate awards--the Re/Max Hall of Fame, the NJAR Circle of Excellence, and office’s Westfield Agent of the Year, to name a few--prove that the Scott Gleason Team will make the sale of your luxury home easy, pleasant, and money-wise. Contact us today for a complimentary, no-strings consultation--we are always happy to serve you. Local, transcontinental, and international clients all feel assured with our service. Scott has earned the National Association of Realtors “At Home with Diversity” certification, and we abide by the NAR code of ethics.
Scott Gleason's Blog Posts
CRS, GRI, At Home with Diversity
Agent of the Year, multiple years
investment analysis, property sleuth, negotiation
Testimonials for Scott Gleason
We didn’t know Scott when we asked for his services to purchase a house but it was clear from our first meeting that he was our guy. His professionalism and deep knowledge of the area stood out immediately. We also had a strong feeling Scott had our best interests at heart and it gave us a great sense of comfort.
It was not easy to find our dream home and it turned out to be a long, long search. What we really appreciated from Scott was we never felt pressured throughout this whole process and he was sooooo generous of his time. He really made this experience go smoothly and in the end we couldn’t be happier with the house we found.
You won’t find a better agent. Thanks Scott!!!
We were lucky to have Scott working with us when we moved to the US from the UK. We decided to work with Scott after meeting him at an open house in Westfield NJ. His knowledge of the area and the process differentiated him from the rest as well as his willingness to go the extra mile for our family.
I would heartily recommend Scott to those looking for properties in the Westfield area.
We had good fortune to have Scott as our Realtor buying a great house in Westfield. After searching in Princeton, Chatham, & Short Hills we didn't see any one fit our taste, requirement and budget. So we tried Westfield, and we saw only one house. Scott was the listing agent and he presented his work very nicely.
Scott made the process go very smoothly. He is very professional, and knowledgeable. Even my 12 year old son liked the way he does his business. You can ask any question about house. He has all resources to help you. He is kind to give help even after we moved in the house.
Scott is the one who knows the business and your objective and can get it worked out. We didn’t know him before, now he is our friend after we bought the house. We'll ask his help again about real estate business in the future.
Scott breaks the mold of the "typical real estate agent". He consistently lives up to the highest standards in every dimension a client longs for: integrity- professionalism- extensive experience- knowledge and expertise- intelligence- attentiveness- respect and courtesy- network of contacts throughout related fields such as home repair and improvement- humor- positive attitude- emotional supportiveness- financial acumen. Best of all he treats every client as a unique individual with their own unique needs and has the resources and expertise to respond accordingly. He markets the 1954 Cape Cod with the same dedication and energy with which he markets the 1988 4 BR front hall Colonial and the 2013 6 BR 4000 sf mansion with the entrance hall chandelier.
Real estate business is a magnet for charlatans, incompetents, dabblers, fly-by-nights and newbies.
I’m old, cranky, have high standards, and have a generally low opinion of most so-called professionals in most fields these days.
My advice is: Don’t waste your time with the Really Nice Gal who is the niece of your neighbor’s hairdresser. Scott is a solid competent experienced professional who will never leave you thinking around 1:00 a.m., , “jeez, maybe I should have gone with….”
Sleep soundly, Scott has your back.
Warning! if you are thinking of picking Scott Gleason as your realtor there are a few things that you should be aware of:
* He will probably sell your property in less time and get you more than what you would get with other realtors, giving you the added problem of finding a good use for the extra money in your pocket
* The passion that he has for his work might be contagious, and you might end up actually enjoying what could otherwise be a difficult process, like the sale of your home
* In fact you might end up thinking that selling your home is a pleasant, easy and profitable business
* No matter how big your social network is, you will feel dwarfed by Scott's! He knows everyone in town, and has easy access to professionals who can assist you at every step of the way
* It won't be easy to get rid of him as he will stick with you well after the sale is closed, to assist you with the aftermath, and to make sure that every piece falls in the right place Less
Picking Scott Gleason as our realtor for the sale of our old Victorian home in Westfield was probably the wisest thing that we did in the entire 21 years that we owned the property. He not only developed a top notch strategic plan encompassing timing, location, value and market variables, he also provided us with tactical help on an ongoing basis. Through his team he made sure that our home was in tip top condition and was represented in the most efficient manner, and best possible way both to realtors and potential buyers. There is no doubt in my mind that his work, relentless and always focused, was worth more than his commission. The added beauty of all this is that the tens of thousands that we got above what his competitors had suggested that we should ask for our home, paid for his part of the commission. The combination of his knowledge of the market, both on the buyer's and on the seller's side, together with his personal qualities, make Scott the best realtor around if you are looking for reliability, timeliness, and overall great performance
We selected Scott to be our selling agent after the success he had with selling our neighbor's home a few months prior.
Scott prepared a strong marketing plan and set us up with a great designer to help with preparing the property for sale. We had an offer (which we accepted) in less than 3 weeks on the market
Throughout the process, Scott was supportive and always available by phone and quick to respond to emails.
I highly recommend Scott.
Scott Gleason was a wonderful agent to work with. My family and I were relocating from the West Coast, and it was difficult to plan times to come out and view towns and homes. Scott was always very flexible and dedicated to our search, even working on leads while we were apart. He has vast local knowledge, which served us well as newcomers to the area. He also answered each of our questions (schools, neighborhoods, taxes, etc.) with the utmost expertise, and backed it up with research and data. He has a network of skilled contacts to assist in the whole process (lawyers, inspectors, HVAC experts...). These were all merely suggestions, but we took each one and were very pleased. What more can I say... our family is still in regular contact with Scott, and I would highly recommend him to anyone.
Scott Gleason of RE/MAX Properties New Jersey is one of the best real estate agents ever, both for buying and selling. Reasons for which my wife and I came to this conclusion include,
1. About a decade ago Scott Gleason did us a favor with nothing foreseeable in it for him. It impressed us. Consequently, we recently hired him as our real estate agent to sell our home.
2. He knows his business. This includes (a) his recommendations to increase the likelihood of a fast sale and get a large return on suggested home improvements not only made sense, but they worked, (b) he recommended additional ways to make the house more attractive to the buyer, and (c) he is innovative and did things to get the interest of other real estate agents and correctly price our home.
3. Scott has much passion and enthusiasm for his work. He also likes people and he likes helping them. Consequently, it was a pleasure working with him and having him on our team.
4. We moved across the country within a few days of the house going on the market. Scott cheerfully did everything from turning off the lights to hiring persons to make needed repairs following the inspection.
5. He strives to make the contract a win-win proposition, that is, it is good for both the buyer and seller. In our case, without going into detail, he clearly went the extra mile to smooth out hurdles and concerns for both us and the buyers. In the end, we felt good about the contract. I suspect the buyers feel the same way.
By the time we met you, we were tired of hearing that our house was “special” (not selling). You offered us your own special, out-of-the-box marketing effort that produced multiple offers. But the buyers were “special”, too, so it really got interesting through the negotiations to closing. Your indefatigable sheparding brought the deal to a favorable conclusion. Your efforts made it work out.