Every Home Should be Tested for Mold

By
Home Inspector - PIC| Property Inspection Co, LLC.
RECENT BLOG POSTS
When you're ready to sell your home in the current market, you need to take every step you can to ensure a timely sale at the price you want. A surplus of homes for sale means that yours needs to stand out in style, amenities and quality to make an impression on potential buyers. The more steps ...
06/19/2010
Inspectors should be prepared to protect themselves and their clients from the unique challenges posed by flood-damaged buildings.    For Service information regarding the Mold Inspections/ Assessment Testing Reports you visit us at www.PicInspection.com Hazards in and around flood-damaged buildi...
05/24/2010
0 Comments
  What Really Matters www.PicInspection.com  Buying a home in the San Diego or Inland Empire County areas? The process can be stressful.  A home inspection is supposed to give you peace of mind, but often has the opposite effect.  You will be asked to absorb a lot of information in a short time. ...
05/21/2010
Rainer
7,216

JuanFlores

local_phone(619) 971-3728
Contact The Author
Buying a home? Get a mold test. For further information about Mold Inspections or to schedule an appointment you can visit us at www.picinspection.com EVERY HOME SHOULD BE TESTED FOR MOLD According to Dr. John D. Shane, Vice President of Laboratory services of PRO-LAB millions of homes across America have hidden water leaks that are promoting mold growth that can expose homeowners to mold spores. Mold has a potential to cause health problems like allergies, irritation (to lungs, eyes, skin, throat, nose) and are potentially toxic. Inhaling and touching mold spores may cause allergic reactions in sensitive individuals and normally healthy individuals may become sensitive to mold after exposure. The EPA states that, "It is important to take precautions to limit your exposure to mold and mold spores. Avoid breathing in mold or mold spores". The EPA also recommends that if you suspect you have a hidden mold problem you should consider hiring an experienced professional to avoid exposure to potentially massive doses of mold spores. Mold damages what it grows on. The longer it grows the more damage it can cause. If there is a mold problem in your home, you should clean up the mold promptly. Mold can be hidden, growing on the water from a hidden leak, and can develop into a potentially large problem if not caught in time. Testing your home on a regular basis is a prudent way to prevent small problems from growing into a costly and unhealthy situation, and always avoid exposing yourself and others to mold. To find an inspector who offers mold testing services visit the International Association of Certified Indoor Air Consultants at www.iac2.org/members.php